GAME DESCRIPTION: Here’s your chance to make it big in the Big Apple… New York City, the city that never sleeps! Go for broke building your own Manhattan empire, creating and customizing over 100 types of major businesses: run a hot nightclub, oversee a media conglomerate, open a lucrative Broadway theater — the choices are endless.
As your success grows, so will your reputation — you’ll be the toast of Manhattan, with the city at your feet.
With world-renowned landmarks, true-to-life neighborhoods, and spectacular New York City events, you’re constantly in the thick of the action, becoming a major mogul in America’s most exciting metropolis. High-profile industries, real-world brands, and a bustling 24-hour city give every player the chance to make it big.
· Over 100 Manhattan business opportunities including:
* Running a nightclub
* Putting on a Central Park concert
* Owning the city’s hottest new restaurant
* Creating cutting-edge fashion businesses
* Organizing the Thanksgiving Day Parade
* Building skyscrapers as part of your dream New York City skyline
· Upgrade businesses with hundreds of improvements — increase the beauty, capacity and appeal of storefronts to attract greater crowds and drive profits
· Create and customize original businesses with successful chain locations across the city
· Place buildings anywhere to create your own version of New York City
· Experience the reactions of thousands of New Yorkers, each with individual traits and tastes
· Develop world-famous Manhattan neighborhoods, each with its own authentic cultural flavor
PLAY: Tycoon City does a great job recreating New York. Every district of New York is there from Liberty Island to the Village. If you zoom right in on citizens you can get their name, wants and needs which help in the game.
Building is quite easy and it’s simple to upgrade your building and other decoration. Most of the missions are to create buildings and attract people. If you build it they will come irregardless of what you build or how you decorate it. Even if you make bad decisions it never ends up hurting you in the long run. It’s entirely too easy. There are very few ramifications to any mistakes made.
GRAPHICS: It’s interesting to see advertisements from Toys R Us and others. Not all the stores have names—some are generic but maintains the feel of the city. You can play at different degrees of zoom.
FRANKLY: Nothing seems to happen in New York. There are no reports on crime or fires or anything else. It seems to be a perfect world. Money should have been more of an object. If there were real consequences to your mistakes Tycoon City New York would have involved the need for more strategy. Instead it turns out to be merely a generic building expedition.
+ Richie Wright