GAME DESCRIPTION: Harry, Ron, and Hermione are back! The Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire videogame will release in November as the Warner Bros. Pictures film based on J.K. Rowling’s fourth book hits theaters. Experience the thrilling moments of the movie and put your magic to the ultimate test in co-operative play with up to two friends.
In the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire videogame, licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Harry is mysteriously selected by the Goblet of Fire as the fourth champion in the dangerous Triwizard Tournament . Each champion in the international competition must confront a fire-breathing dragon, rescue friends from the icy depths of the Black Lake, and navigate the twisting mysteries of a vast, enchanted maze. Exciting scenes from the film come to life, from the Quidditch World Cup campsite to a heart-stopping duel with Lord Voldemort !
Harry, Ron, and Hermione are all playable characters, modeled after their big-screen counterparts. An all-new spell-casting system allows you to feel the magic for the first time as the controller shakes and reacts with every flick of the wand. Team up with friends in co-operative play to combine magic and produce more powerful spells than ever before!
* All the Magic of the Movie – The magical world of Harry Potter comes to life with in-game characters that look like their big-screen counterparts for the first time, as well as cinematic environments, captivating gameplay, and a compelling interactive experience.
* Bigger, Better Magic – Explore the game’s all-new spell-casting system, unleashing powerful spells to become a master of magic.
* Co-operative Play – In another first for the franchise, join forces with friends to navigate the world of Harry Potter, combining powers and casting spells co-operatively to create more powerful magic.
* Compelling Rewards System – Increase the power of Harry, Ron, and Hermione with collector’s cards.
* Console/PC – Play co-operatively with up to two other friends as Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Feel the controller shake with every flick of the wand!
* Game Boy® Advance – Engage in magical gameplay, cast spells to interact with the world, and defeat supernatural creatures unique to the Game Boy Advance. Compete in Triwizard-themed mini-games and experience the enchantment of the Yule Ball.
* Nintendo DS™ – Use the Nintendo DS touch screen and stylus wand to cast spells. Exclusively on the Nintendo DS system, you can feed, wash, and play with your Niffler creature in the Care of Magical Creatures mode. Connect your Nintendo DS to another to see which creature has been best cared for. Play thrilling single player mini-games including Hippogriff Feeding, Chocolate Frogs, and Sweet Sorting. System also features wireless connectivity, allowing you to join another player for Wizard Dueling.
* PSP™ handheld entertainment system – Play co-operatively with up to three players using wireless connectivity and engage in exciting multiple mini-games like Wizard Pairs, Exploding Snap, and Dugbog Bulb Raid.
PLAY: The Goblet of Fire isn’t a hard game to play or finish. That is definitely a plus and minus. Older gamers with children can play with their kids although those gamers in the middle won’t find this satisfying enough.
Players can choose between Harry, Hermoine, and Ron. Fans of Harry Potter will like that the game plays close enough to the book but allows for some interesting adventures along the way. The previous releases were all set in a linear fashion while Goblet of Fire allows for the ability to roam freely. Another plus is each character works together throughout the game.
The characters have some wonderful spells at their disposal. Each level offers some new spells that have all been animated very well. The biggest problem is that you are often given the correct spell for the situation. There is no guess work. In other games you might waste your magic or have to try and figure out what spell you should use.
GRAPHICS: EA knows how to make great looking games and Goblet of Fire doesn’t disappoint. Even the characters look older—as they do in the film. It’s subtle but a nice addition. The spells are wonderfully animated with fantastic particle effects.
SOUND: The voice acting is good. The soundtrack fits well and makes for wonderful atmosphere
FRANKLY: Kids will love it. Even small kids can play Goblet of Fire without much of a learning curve. Goblet of Fire has big enough environments to keep kids interested for a long time.
+ Richie Wright