GAME DESCRIPTION: From Russia With Love will be the first game to put players in the universe of the classic James Bond films. Set in the original 60’s Bond era, the game features movie-based missions as well as original, action-intensive sequences, a broad and deep variety of gameplay, fully-integrated vehicles, social multiplayer experiences, gorgeous women, and classic, upgradeable weapons and gadgetry with modern mechanics.
Players will create and manipulate Bond in a living world based on the timeless fiction of the classic James Bond movie. Invest in your character and customize the ultimate Bond for a whole new level of gameplay options.
Sean Connery, the original Bond, reprises his role as the dapper Mi6 agent in this innovative, retro-styled and highly anticipated console title from the infamous Bond franchise.
* Build your own Bond, based on Sean Connery, in a retro, 1960s Cold War era setting.
* A breathing, vibrant, living 1960’s-styled world including classic cars, architecture, fashion, and exotic locations
* Bleeding edge Hollywood production.
* Innovative gameplay, wider variety, non-linear missions, introduction of new focus/zoom function.
* Addictive and social multiplayer experience
* RPG elements: Invest in your character by equipping, upgrading, scoring/rewards
* Intense action, driving, jetpack and stealth missions.
* Game features movie-based missions as well as original, action-intensive sequences
* Fully integrated vehicles, over a dozen weapons, and classic gadgetry with modern mechanics.
PLAY: From Russia With Love is a nicely updated take on previous Bond games. The shooting controls are handled with the trigger buttons. The left button is used to aim while the right is used to shoot. Bond can shoot both humans and inanimate objects like gas cans.
The problem is aiming. It’s hard to lineup the target and there is no way to take out the aiming aspect. It can be extremely frustrating when you want to target and shoot—you are handicapped the way the system is set up. Another problem is most of the enemies are waiting to be shot.
One great feature is the jetpack. There is nothing cooler than flying around with a jetpack—I don’t know anyone that wouldn’t want to ride in a jetpack. Another interesting aspect is the ability to search through desks and other areas to find upgrades and information. But at the end of the day that is only so satisfying. It’s more of a time burner than something you’d want to do all day.
GRAPHICS: The character models look good even while the animations aren’t great. The environments and other objects are sub par in comparison to most games that are releasing now.
SOUND: Sean Connery is one of a kind and it’s good to hear him do his thing again. The problem is he isn’t given much to work with.
FRANKLY: From Russia With Love runs about the length of your average game. We finished it in roughly twelve hours. There is a lot of replay value here if you don’t get all the goodies your first time through. For fans of Bond this is a must buy—but if you want a serious game that will keep you interested for weeks this isn’t the right one.
+ Richie Wright